This article has been written by guest author Yasin Demir who is the founder of WoW Items store. It’s an overview of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria. What it brings, what it takes?
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm has come to the end. Some says it is the best expansion of World of Warcraft. Because revamp of the old world and the changes in raid system are succesful while other says Cataclysm is a big disappointment due to being very easy and lack of patches.
Good or bad, Mists of Pandaria is on the horizon now. We are expecting many changes and new features because of the reasons above and in addition to that a few good multiplayer online games released recently so we belive that Blizzard will give its best to show them who is leading mmorpg industry.
The beta has just released two weeks ago and those that purchased wow annual pass are able to take part in it. If you don’t have a chance to take part in the beta, the features and changes so far announced in the upcoming expansion are listed below:
New Continent: Pandaria
As you can see in the title of the expansion, new continent is called Pandaria. It has seven zones and will be asian themed. No flying available untill level 90 and there won’t be any sanctuary city like Shattrath and Dalaran.
New Race: Pandaren
- Pandarens are the inhabitants of Pandaria. Pandaren is a neutral race. So you can join either alliance or horde forces but you have to be level 10 first.
- Pandariens will be able to choose the following classes: Monk, mage, priest ,rogue, hunter, warrior and shaman.
- There will be 5 racial abilities such as knocking back opponents, reducing fall damage but they haven’t announced fully yet.
New Class: Monk
- Class of this expansion is monk and this class also will be available to all previous races except goblins and worgens.
- There will be three monk specs which are brewmaster (tank), windwalkers (dps) and mistweaver (healer).
- Chi is the main resource of a monk. Brewmasters and windwalkers will use energy to fullfill their chi while mistweavers will use mana to fullfill it.
Pet Battling System
- This feature simply brings Pokemon to World of Warcraft.
- Tame or buy a pet, battle with it against other pets and when you win, it gains level and learns new abilities!
- You will also be able to trade or sell your pets.
- As you expected level cap is increased to 90 and proffession skill cap is increased to 600.
- One of the main thing Mists of Pandaria expansion brings is revamped talent trees. There will be only one talent tree for all classes and there won’t be talent points or ranks. You wil learn a new talent every 15 levels.
Dungeons and Raids
- There will be 9 new dungeons at the begining and these also will be available for challenge mode which is a new feature.
- Challenge mode dungeons will reward you many unique things such as titles, gears and mounts depend on how fast you complete them.
- Also there will be 3 new raids when Mists of Pandaria released and world bosses will be back!
- There will be 3 new battleground and a new arena. A new battleground called Azshara Crater that will have Defender of the Anicents (as known as DOTA) style gameplay will be released later.
- There will also be pve battlegrounds which will be like pvp encounters but players will battle against mobs and NPCs instead of other players.
- Ranged slot will be gone except for hunters.
- Rogues and warriors will be able to throw their main weapons
- Mages, priests and warlocks will be able to equip wands as a main hand weapon.
- Warlocks will have unique resources for each spec and their old minions will be replaced with new ones which has unique models and have better abilities.
- Shamans will have 3 new totems and their buff totems will be gone.
- Druid feral spec will be divided into two new specs which are feral for dps in cat form and guardian for tanking in bear form. So they will have 4 specs in total.
- In Mists of Pandaria you don’t need to visit class trainer. Because you will learn the spells and abilities automatically.
- Because of monk class, Blizzard will add 11th character slot to match the available class and slot numbers.
- Quest markers will now appear on world map.
- There will be multiple selection screen including race, class and apperance.
- New feature called Area of effect looting will let you loot groups of corpses in an area all at once. So you will farm dungeons and raids faster.